The CHDI program is designed to support the North Haiti Dental Association (NHDA) member dentists, with the collaboration of the Ministry of Health (MSPP), so they are able to deliver dental treatments to the public population. The CHDI supports a member occupied teaching center in the city and a clinic on the campus of the Hospital Universitae Justinien. The mission of the CHDI is multifold.
- To be a continuing education and gathering center for the NHDA doctors
- Provide oral health care to Haitian residents
- Serve as a base clinic for outreach mobile dentistry
- Provide service opportunities for visiting dentists and non health care workers
- Adhere to World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines as set forth in the Basic Package of Oral Care (BPOC)